This is an activity I first did with MEETin many years ago, and we had a blast. We also included it in the schedule of the 2011 MEETinCelebration and it was a real hit. A couple of American MEEps are in town and wanted to go, so thought it was a good opportunity to repeat this event.
At time of posting there are 10 spots left for this time slot.
If you ever wanted to try the best cheese in A'dam, then this event is for you.
In the Reypenaer Cheese Tasting Rooms you can personally taste and evaluate the flavour, the aroma and the qualities of the Reypenaer cheeses, all under the guidance of an expert cheese taster.
Tasting event will last 1.5 hours and will include:
- presentation on the history of the place
- short film about how Gouda is made
- you will cut yourself 6 pieces of cheese (pieces can be as big as you want)
- you will taste cheeses under the guidance from "cheese master"... he will guide you through tasting process and will explain how wine and port change the taste of cheese
- you will be given wine to accompany the cheese
- you will be given a cheese tasting certificate
The price (15.00 euro)includes the above program plus 6 pieces of cheese, wine & port. Everyone is responsible for buying their own tickets.
*** Please let me know if it says they have sold out - I have 4 spaces reserved. ***