Updated: May 2018 - For GDPR compliance scroll to the bottom of the page.
The MEETin website aims to use the internet to bring people together in the real world, to share experiences, have
fun, and hopefully make friends. To support this we have the following rules.
- Members must not create profiles that promote their business, or of a dating nature. Members will not create fake
profiles to harm, harass, impersonate, or offend another individual on, or off, the MEETin site.
Members must not create an event that they can financially profit from, that promotes their business, or of a dating
or inappropriate nature.
Doing so will be grounds for immediate deletion of a profile without notice.
- Members must be over 21 in the US and over 18 in Europe.
Children of MEETin Members may attend appropriate events if the Event Planner or Host approves of their attendance and
if the parents assume full responsibility for them. Do not bring children or pets to an event without receiving prior
approval from the Event Planner or Host.
- Members will be polite and courteous when posting (mail, blogs, news, events, etc.) to the website. Use of the website
to harm, harass, impersonate, or offend another individual will be grounds for suspension or deletion of a profile
- MEETin is a nonpartisan group. You may not post political views of any kind on the site. You may have political
events as long as the events welcome all members of MEETin and the event description does not pose views on politics.
In an effort to keep MEETin a friendly place we ask for you to please follow this rule. Failure to do so could lead to
deletion of a profile.
- Spamming members of MEETin is strictly prohibited. Spamming members may result in a warning or deletion of a
profile without notice.
Please only message people you know or Event Planners.
MEETin is not a dating site. Testimonials breaking these rules will be deleted and will be grounds for immediate
deletion of a profile without notice.
- Members shall not use MEETin for the express purpose of promoting other organizations or social groups to which
they belong. Joint or cross-posted events are permitted within reason providing that the tenets of MEETin membership
- MEETin is not responsible for events posted on the MEETin site. The website "MEETin.org" is strictly a tool to help
advertise the poster's event's to MEETin members. All posters of events take full responsibility for the events they
- Be considerate of your Event Planner or host when you RSVP for events. Members will make every effort to attend
events for which they have RSVPed and to cancel, in a timely manner, RSVPs they cannot attend.
- Members will be polite and courteous to others at MEETin events. Members are expected to follow all Federal, State
and local laws while using the MEETin website and while attending MEETin events. While attending events in public
places, members are expected to respect the rights of others. Members should not act in a way that reflects poorly on
MEETin. Inappropriate conduct will be determined by the Event Planner or Host.
- While attending events at a private residence members will respect the rights of homeowners. The Homeowner or Event
Planner have the right to remove any Member at any time when planning events at a private residence. If the Homeowner or
Event Planner asks a Member to leave the event they will be expected to do so immediately. Any discussion must be taken
up later with the Local City Admin or the Webmaster. If a Homeowner or Event Planner abuses this rule they may be asked
to move their event from the public events list to a private event. Abuse will be determined only by the webmaster
- If planning an event that requires pre-payment please make sure that all members pay the vendor directly. MEETin.org
is not responsible for any events thrown by it's members or its moderators. Post events that cost money at your own
risk. MEETin members or moderators are not allowed to collect money for events on MEETin.org’s behalf. Attending events
that cost money are at your own risk. MEETin.org accepts no responsibility for purchases on this site or in person by
its members or moderators.
- Only authorized MEETin personnel will represent the interests of the organization. Members will not claim to represent MEETin in any official capacity unless specifically empowered to do so by the Directors.
- Any Member of MEETin may request a photo or a link to photo (Member must be in photo) to be removed from MEETin by the poster at any time. If a Member refuses to remove photos on request that were taken at a MEETin event that user can be removed from MEETin without notice.
- Membership Removal.
MEETin.org reserves the right to suspend or terminate member accounts on the MEETin.org website without notice. Accounts may be suspended and/or terminated at any time.
MEETin.org reserves the right to ask individuals to leave the group. Members may be removed at the sole discretion of MEETin.org Directors. Members may be removed for any reason, but are generally removed for repeated violations of the member guidelines.
Because MEETin.org does not supervise events between members and other persons, and because MEETin.org is not
involved in any way with physical transportation to or from events or with the actions of any individuals at these
events, you agree to release MEETin.org from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and
nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected
with your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, an event.
The website is provided by MEETin.org on an "as is" basis. MEETin.org makes no express or implied representations or
warranties of any kind, as to the operation of the website, or the content, information, materials, or products included
on this website. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, MEETin.org disclaims all warranties, express or
implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
MEETin.org will not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the use of this website, including but not
limited to direct, indirect, incidental punitive and consequential damages.
In response to European data privacy laws we have the following to say (as concisely as possible).
- MEETin.org does not give any information to third parties. Ever. Even before
these privacy laws came in.
- When you create an account we ask you for an email address. We will never
give this out to anyone else, and will only use it once to directly contact you
in order to verify your account. MEETin.org will use it to forward MEETin.org
content to you.
- By signing up for an event you consent to having bulletins from the Host
forwarded to your email.
- In Account Settings you can choose whether to also receive newsletters
(informing you of upcoming events and important information), forwarded copies
of private messages from other members, and forwarded copies of bulletins sent by
people you have added to your MEETin My Friends list. We highly recommend you do
this; the Host or other Members do not have access to your email address.
- When you create an account we ask for your date of birth. This is to confirm
you are old enough to have an account, and also displays your age on your
profile. If you add people to your MEETin My Friends list they will be given
your birthday date.
- When you create an account you must enter a location. This is essential for
the basic concept of the site.
- For statistical purposes we can monitor which events you have viewed. Also
the last date you logged on and how many times you have logged on. Only
administrators have access to this information.
- Deletion of your account removes all these bits of data from our records,
including events you have hosted (another pat on the back, this has been our
policy all along). This can be done yourself in Account Settings (quickest and
easiest), you can message the Webmaster through the site, or send an email to
- Photos including you can be removed upon request (and proof of identity).
- For further details, please refer to our full